Citizens and Business Owners
I would like to provide you with a few pieces of information about initiatives in process and opportunities for involvement that are coming up in the next few weeks in the city.
1. Safety Fair - at PSE Office in Freeland - September 9, 2015 - 10:00am to 1:00pm
2. "Here of You" Program - 68 businesses have posted their days and hours of business on the Chamber of Commerce website - <visitlangley.com> "Here for You" program. A revised Fall edition brochure will come out October 1, 2015 for local information and for your guests and visitors.
3. Economic Development Workshop and Luncheon - September 29, 2015 - at city hall - free workshop and lunch and opportunity to win two door prize books - "Incubating New Businesses in Langley" - presenters Carolyn Eslick, Mayor of Sultan, founder of "Grow Washington" stores and Tiffany McVeety - author of Small Business Toolkit and presenter.10:30am to 12:00 noon - free tasty lunch and networking to follow - please RSVP for lunch count purposes to Cheryl at 221 4246 ext 0.
4. Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition - meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month in Coupeville at the County Council meeting room at the courthouse at 1:00pm to 2:00pm - Come and participate with others interested in supporting a substance abuse free and connected citizenry of Island County.
5. UGA/JPA/City Limit Boundary Recommendation - at the city council meeting on September 17, 2015, city community planner, Michael Davolio, will present a recommendation from the PAB to the City Council for these area boundaries as part of the Langley Comprehensive Plan.
6. Soup Box Derby - Sunday August 30th, on First Street in Langley at 10:00am - Come and enjoy the races.
6. Meals on Wheels/ Good Cheer Fundraiser - Come and put a pie in the face of your favorite city officials and leaders for a good cause.